Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fiction

I’ve written a piece of fiction.

And now I feel like a little kid who just got a new bike. Not any new bike, but one I’ve built - with my own hands. It’s a simple bike, no gears or fancy hardware, but it works. I’m totally psyched. The pedals make the wheels turn and the handlebar allows me to go around in a circle between boxes in the basement. A thing of beauty. I’ve even named it, and the name incorporates its essence: complex mechanics, potential energy, my ticket to ride.

But … what will happen when I go outside with it? Will the brakes work when I’m going down a hill? What about bumps at high speed? Will it hold up?

I’ll find out tomorrow when my classmates put it through the “workshop” process. And, of course, I’ll post it on my blog if it passes inspection.

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    After reading this post I am waiting for your another post.I like the way you have written this post.Thank you very much for sharing this with us.

    tisane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice metaphor, Janice. I hope it's a really sturdy bike, maybe a hybrid, that lets you go anywhere and everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to jot down your thoughts. I would appreciate knowing your reaction if any, to what I've written, and/or your feedback on how I've written it. I am actively trying to be a better writer.